The electronic control unit shows almost no signs of wear. To prevent possible damage due to moisture, the electronics should always be installed or stored in a dry place.
The algae eliminator has a life span of 10 years based on experience. The algae eliminators are designed with high quality components to withstand more than normal loads.
The following measures must be taken to ensure a long service life:
- The G-Sonic can be switched off in winter when it is very cold or on ice.
- In winter there is a risk of ice and snow pressure, which can cause water to enter the electronics box.
- The electronics box should be stored in a dry place.
- In darkness there is hardly any algae cell division and the algae eliminator can be switched off, e.g. from 22:00 to 05:00.
- In case of a slight algae infestation, you can additionally interrupt the power supply every half hour.
- Permanent wetness and high temperatures (direct sunlight) should be avoided.